Sunday, July 29, 2012

Long Time No blog...

Well as the title states it has been a long time since I have published a post! So much has happened in the last while that I don't even know where to start catching you up!

To begin.. Jake and I added to our small family with our sweet puppy izzy. She is now 8 months old and is the best dog anyone could ask for! She loves all of her toys but especially her tennis balls!

In February, I had the opportunity to audition for So You Think You Can Dance Season 9. It was so fun but so scary to dance in front of those judges, but I MADE IT TO VEGAS!! I had the best time in Vegas. I was able to see many of my old dance friends and make friends with tons of other people! Unfortunately I got cut (so sad) but it was the best opportunity for me!

On May 24th I became an aunt!!! Greg and Erica gave birth to their beautiful baby girl Lydia Ann Hone. She is absolutely perfect in every way and I can't wait to spoil her with cute clothes! Janet, Lynne and I had the best time putting together a baby shower for Erica and Lydia!

I am getting even closer to getting my cosmetology license!! I have been apprenticing at a salon in Cottonwood Heights called Tangles. I absolutely love doing hair and if anyone needs their hair done I can do it for half price!! Cut and color for $40... That's a steal! ;)

Well.. Jake and I have been married for a year! I would be lying if I told you that marriage is easy. We have had our trials and hard times. Times that I may or may not have wanted to make him sleep on the front lawn.... but through it all I love my husband so much! He is such a sweetheart and treats me so well, even when I'm the wicked witch of the house! We have had so much fun this past year and I can't wait for years to come!

This last week we finally had the opportunity for a vacation!! We went with Jake's family to Jackson Hole, WY. We stayed in his parents trailer for a couple days and enjoyed the pretty mountains and wildlife! Jake was excited to see some elk and a beaver.... Bless his heart. On the last day we drove from Jackson Hole all the way to Wahweap Marina at Lake Powell. It was the longest day of my life!! We stayed on my parents houseboat and had the best time on the lake! Jake is pretty good at wakeboarding and landed some pretty awesome tricks! I'm a proud wife! I did what I do best and got a tan. We were so sad to leave but it was back to reality! Work and school.

Last but not least, we put in an offer on a house in West Jordan!! It is definitely a fixer upper, but that is why I married Jake. He can fix things. They accepted our offer and we are just waiting to close! We can't wait to have a place of our own and that I can decorate how I want!

That is the short version of our crazy fun life! Hopefully I will be better at posting but I can't make any promises! Being an adult is a busy job! :)

1 comment: